Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Ride Your Bike

Bike riding is something that I enjoy doing when I am home. Not hardcore "bike 50 miles at a time" bike riding, but instead leisurely biking on my road. It might sound lame, but to me it is the best way to enjoy Happy Hollow road.

On school weeks, after school let out the Kessler's would bike to my house and we would take off from there, up and down the road. We also give a friendly wave to every car that passes, and there is usually some screaming involved at dogs that get a little too close for comfort. Once I was flying down the hill on my road when a dog ran right in front of me. I hit it head on and flew off my bike, but thankfully my only injuries were a gash in my big toe and a sprained ankle. Rides right at sunset are my favorite, you can zoom to the end of the road and pull over at the bridge to take in the beautiful country landscape that is glowing orange.

Sometimes we do go on bigger bike rides out on desolate country roads in my county. Usually in the fall, my parents and I will grab a couple MRE's and bike for around 8 miles, lucky to ever pass a car. Our bikes are 21 speed, so whenever going up a hill we will brag what speed setting we are on (3, 7 being the highest and 1, 1 being the lowest). I am proud to say my bike hardly ever leaves 3, 5.

Biking is a great way to get around. It is quick, agile, environment friendly, personal health friendly, and fun. If biking to work is an option but you've just never tried it, you should. Bike around your neighborhood as well. Everything seems a little happier when you are on a bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment