Friday, January 1, 2016

What makes you feel alive?



I’ve been hiking in a Costa Rican jungle. I’ve wandered in foreign towns in the middle of the night. I’ve gotten all A’s since elementary school. These events encompass adventure, thrill, and pride, and provide color to the canvas of my life. However, nothing has ever made me feel more alive, nothing has ever made such a bright streak of neon on my canvas, than when I speak to people about something I love.
 Communication is the connection of people and places. We have all been communicating with each other since birth, but I have taken it a step further. I remember in sixth grade when I had to present my first ever speech, and although my little legs were shaking the whole time, I had never felt more elated than while I was giving it. This initial spark inside me has not died at all, but instead is slowly growing brighter. I went on to compete in a speech team for four years, present bills at KYA, and now at Gatton I have tried to be at as many functions as I can to tell people about this wonderful place I call home. Speaking about Gatton is my true passion. I love this place with everything in me, and I let my passion flow out of me to others through my words. Communicating with people puts me on Cloud 9, and causes a fire to start in my heart, making me feel completely and utterly alive.


No comments:

Post a Comment