Sunday, December 27, 2015

Ham Hurrah

One time I joined a club and learned how to make country ham. You first have to scrape all of the gunk off of the ham. Then you rub all sorts of salt and sugar and spices on the ham. Then you put it in a sock and let it hang for 3 months (?) or really as long as you wish. I wrote a speech about my ham, a beautiful informative speech. The summer before my freshman year of high school I took my ham to be judged at the Kentucky State Fair and I gave my ham speech to a panel of judges. My speech went very well; my ham did the worst possible (I'm telling you though, it was the best country ham I've ever eaten). After the ham hooplah, my parents, mamaw, and I decided to explore the fair. We ate lots and lots of fried fish and a DONUT BURGER. I repeat, DONUTS AS THE BUN FOR A BACON CHEESEBURGER.



It was life-changing. We stayed at a hotel and I ate waffle house for the first time ever. Then we went home and ate ham for days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment