Friday, December 18, 2015

What in the Sam Hill?

Samuel Hill - Blond hair, blue eyes, total hipster, video game nerd, and obscenely sarcastic
Alex Lancaster - Brown hair, blue eyes, tall and skinny, cross country runner, and crazy smart
Brayden Martin - Sandy hair, green eyes, colorblind, soccer player, and extremely kind-hearted
Granger Greenwell - Brown hair, brown eyes, golf player, total cool guy, and super funny

The four boys above were my best friends sophomore year of high school at CCHS. We were a wild bunch when we were all together, frequently made to be quiet but always loved by teachers for our good work and enthusiasm. We played the video game HALO everyday day in computer tech class (because who doesn't know how to make a PowerPoint?), did every class assignment as a group, competed against each other  in Subway Surfers and Temple Run, had paper ball fights, and never stopped laughing. They really are the reason that my sophomore year was semi-fun. I found it odd that they were friends with me; I was the young pimply genius that minded my own business. I'm so thankful they took me in though, because in the future when I'm reminiscing on my non Gatton high school years, the memories I have with them will be the fondest. 

I don't talk to any of them now; maybe our friendship wasn't as strong as I thought. It's ok though, I will see them again at graduation, and I'm sure it will be a nice reunion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment