Monday, December 28, 2015

Life is a roller coaster



The best theme park I’ve ever been to is King’s Island in Cincinnati, Ohio (but to be fair, I’ve only really been to three theme parks: King’s Island, Holiday World, and Six Flags). The first time I went to King’s Island was on a family vacation in 2005. I was small and terrified, so I rode the Beastie at least 20 times (kid version of the legendary Beast). The next time I went was in 2012 with the Kessler’s. By this time, I was a complete roller coaster fanatic, and boy was I in heaven. We started off with something simple (and by simple I mean loops galore in a row paired with a super steep drop): the Vortex. 


I was pretty shook up, but ready to tackle the next coaster. We walked all the way across the park and got in the hour long line for the Flight of Fear.We finally made it to the front of the line, and it appeared to live up to its name. You sit in the coaster car, facing a pitch black tunnel, then you are launched to 54 mph in less than 4 seconds. The whole ride is inside, and completely dark except for some strobe lights. It was insanely adrenalizing, and the level of fear was never matched by any other ride at the park. The Firehawk was next: the famous ride I’m sure most have seen on the Travel Channel at one point or another. You are laying down and hanging from the bottom of the tracks for most of the ride, like Superman. 


We finally found ourselves at the roller coaster I had been looking at all day: the king of all coasters, the steepest and most beautiful hill I've ever seen. The line was surprisingly short, but at the time I wished it would have been longer. The closer I got to taking my seat, the hill seemed to grow and I decided it was an awful idea. But before I knew it, I was clicking up the 230 ft hill and holding my breath. We began to tip over the edge, and then were flying down at 80 mph. It was so exhilarating, the best coaster I've ever been on. I rode it at least 4 more times, until I had worn out the thrill. 

In the next few years I found myself at King's Island about once a year, and now the park offers me no thrill (except for the dropzone, that is always crazy). The new ride, the Windseeker, was a great addition. SWINGS 30 STORIES HIGH I CANT CONTAIN MY HAPPINESS

https://www.visitkingsisland.com/images/rides/windseeker_slide_11.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment